Thread: 2743: Momentum
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mermaid

Is the definition of beauty that is defined by pageants why you have such negative feelings toward larger bodied people?

I'm almost certain you would have plenty of terrible fat jokes about pageants for people of all sizes.

Hell, you talked shit about people just wanting to vacation in peace.

Contrary to popular belief members of marginalized groups are not obligated to be activists. And they are not to blame for societal issues for playing the cards they are dealt.

Valuing women solely for their looks only seems to become an issue for people when women find a way to benefit from it.

A woman who fits the description of what is deemed as "beautiful" is for some reason never supposed to use it to her advantage... Or even notice that she does fit the description.

The game is fucked up. I have not issue with women playing the game in order to benefit themselves.

I for one will be in their corner screaming "Yaaas bitch! Secure the bag! That bikini is gorgeous!"

But because I am capable of nuanced thought (unlike some people), I am able to both celebrate women for taking advantage of the system for personal gain AND see that the system itself is fucked up.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote