Thread: 2744: Privilege
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rabbit
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think that families are confused that they can't eat ice cream for dinner. Instead they're serving fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. Look! Two different types of vegetables! Or they do serve a salad...with a nice coating of ranch dressing. But a salad is salad, so it must be healthy. It takes time, effort, and money to be able to experiment with healthier foods. Add to that that there are rural communities where the grocery store has a horrible selection of fresh produce (where I grew up) or urban food deserts, and it makes it even harder to learn how to eat better. It's hard.

And diets fail, because a diet is not the same as a lifestyle change. Diets are where you have to follow strict rules, and once you don't follow that diet anymore, it becomes apparent that they didn't actually learn how to be healthier, so you gain all that weight back. A lifestyle change is a permanent change where you eat healthier and move more. Any huge change in life is difficult. And here I am getting pissed off every time apple updates the iphone, so how can I judge someone for not making sweeping changes about every part of their life?

I went to school in Manhattan KS and did not see my fair share of titties.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote