Thread: 2744: Privilege
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
It was just an example. Life wasn't easy in Poland ok not like North Korea, but when I was born we lived with 6 people in a two room apartment without a bathroom. A toilett was only in the hall and was shared with the neighbors. Add political oppression and the real danger of landing in prison for speaking up. No possibility to travel. Ban of foreign tv and radio. Of course we had no telephone. Extremely pollution of the environment and diseases because if it. Being forced to participate in political manifestations or face problems. No birth control besides illegal abortions.

When you this was privilege I find it interesting
Yes it was bad, fucking bad, super bad not great at all. I know my history lessons.

But that's not happening now here, we overcame we got shit done
Because society is meant to improve and we did and stuff is still bad for some people.

But currently the US is backsliding into a tailspin of horrendous education/obesity/healthcare/racism/religion bullshit that a current democracy really shouldn't experience.

I find that super scary and as much as I like to fight on these forums about all kinds of topics - saying 'oh why don't you just eat right from the gardens you can plant in your free time in your huge backyards and then order some healthy food from Amazon you lazy sillygoooses' is not helping.

Last edited by Lanfear; 10-30-2017 at 05:21 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote