Thread: 2744: Privilege
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 12:25 AM   #61 (permalink)
WittyReference

I can't stand when the privilege talk comes up with people and they say 'but i had it hard too.' Ari Shaffir and one of his guests recently were complaining that they didn't get where they are in comedy because of white privilege, it was because they worked so hard. It's got nothing to do with how hard your life was. It's about what is your life like being white compared to if you weren't? They think they had it hard? Well it would have been harder if you weren't a white male. Simple. Shut up.

I find the part where Keith thinks he just somehow absorbed the right info and worked it all out and he would have anyway no matter where he was thing to be so ridiculous. One of the best way to change someones opinion is to give them one on one time with someone who has had a personal experience (look at the politicians who only change their mind about gay rights when someone in their family comes out) which Keith has been doing 5 days a week for 12 years. If you don't think that is the MAIN reason you have changed you are kidding yourself. I have never enjoyed listening to any KATG episodes before show 700 as you are such a different person it sounds like a different podcast to me.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
(Offline)   Reply With Quote