View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
marykae

I came here with two minutes left in the show to say that instead of wondering if it's ok to watch the sports with Ray, Keith should talk to him about changing his behavior and base his decision on Ray's reaction. Leave Andrea out of it.

But then that's what everyone else told Keith but I'm already logged in, so I'll just add another voice to the chorus.

More men than not have done some level of unwanted bullshit. I think in cases where society has blurred lines, we are now unblurring them. You can separate the good ones from the bad ones by how they take responsibility for past actions and what they plan to do going forward.

Additionally, men that do take responsibility should have no expectation that the women (or people of any gender) that they have affected in this way, will want them back in their lives. Logically, I can be happy that a dude made the decision to change, doesn't make the bad feelings stop when I see them. On the other hand, I can feel comfortable with a man that has engaged in unwanted behavior (to a certain point, like, I don't want to be friends with a reformed violent, child, or serial rapist ) NOT toward me, and has taken responsibility to change.

There are a lot more nuances than I listed, like what about x offense, or what if the person he hurt was my best friend, etc. Etc. But this post is already too long.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote