View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Furious Stylz
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Hi/Low

Was listening to the show today and heard you mention a "Hi/Low" app was in development. Thought I would share:

I'm a Hi/Low expert. (What? I'll explain.) I am blessed with a daughter and two sons. Over the last decade, Hi/Low has been a regular feature of our family dinner conversation. My wife of 20 years has always insisted and demanded that we eat dinner as a family; a habit that was new to me, but now I value. When I started listening to KaTG, I brought Hi/Low into our conversations (among other things).

Hi/Low has been a valuable tool for engaging with our kids and to hear about their day, their school, their worries, their victories, and their values. As they've gotten older, the sophistication and content of their Hi/Low has changed, but the time spent and the conversation has always been priceless. It's given them permission to talk about what concerns them personally. Just as important - they get a turn. Everyone plays. Everyone shares.

And yeah... you have to share a low. If your "low" is kinda good, you had a great day. If you "high" is kinda bad, you had a shitty day. (Sorry to Keith's ex, but the game only works with a low. It's a game about context.)

So Thank You Keith and Chemda. Just another example of how your show ripples out and affects people beyond the listeners.

--------------------
The problem is, they don't know what they are for.
They only know what they are against.
---------------------
(Offline)   Reply With Quote