Thread: 2756: Pill Head
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Chemda, I hope your husband knows what he is doing. When it comes to vitamins it's not like more is more. You can take too much and get sick.
Vitamins are chemicals that do something in your body, react with other stuff, not little angels just flying around in you and helping.
Please be responsible and take a look at it.
Web md:Too much vitamin C or zinc could cause nausea, diarrhea, and stomach cramps. Too much selenium could lead to hair loss, gastrointestinal upset, fatigue, and mild nerve damage.
Chemda,
My concern is that you taking all these pills are having a negative affect to your gastrointestinal microbiome. The thing is HubbyFace is doing a great job but maybe a little overboard. From the little I know of HubbyFace he is going as natural as possible which is great because you need to be able to digest the pietamins where most store bought vitamins are pure chemicals and don't get absorbed. BUT don't take what you don't need. As Apia said taking vitamins or minerals you already have enough of is not good for you.

You could think of these pills you take like spices in the food you cook, a little black pepper and salt can be good and make things better but too much will unbalance the flavors. I mean I wish I had a HubbyFace to help me be healthier but, a little temperance seems to be in order.

Maybe what you need is a gastrointestinal microbiome transplant?! (enjoy looking that up) hehe
(Offline)   Reply With Quote