View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
I don't mean to demean your experience. Thank you for engaging with me so civilly as always.

Racism and stupidity are definitely dominant contributary factors in that group. They're extremely safe from terror and having an "other" enemy is a lot of fun.

I'm not trying to spread a message of hate, or to deny the stupid and racist elements that definitely exist and are worth discussing. Just to accurately represent the spectrum of reality.
i'm making efforts to be less of a dick about things.

what i'm hearing from you is that at present globally the extremist Islam folks, ya know the folks blowing up shrines and whatnot, are the more pressing big scope problem whereas you feel white supremacy and Christian extremism isn't as urgent or active or destructive, which i will disagree with. for me, i'm not trying to derail your conversation, i'm acknowledging there is a similar problem in our hands we have power to do something about. and there's probably some baggage and soft spot-edness on my end being from the culture growing these fuckwads. there was a KKK hung on a building in the downtown square here and there was a shocking lot of turning a blind eye to these kind of antics. it's hard for me to downplay or let go of a shrug to its significance. this isn't good ole boy fun, a hoy hoy stupid dumb dumbs. they have an arsenal. it's normalized to a surreal degree. christ, their brother ilk occupied a federal bird sanctuary what was it last year? shrug. they turned weaponry on the National Guard. silence. it emboldens them.

can my European babies touch on this from y'alls experience with the wave of zealous nationalist white creepo bullshit going on there? especially in the wake of Brexit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote