Thread: 2760: *click*
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
FingerLakes
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
Also Joss Whedon, who directed the Avengers, had a part directing the latest Justice League movie. The studio brought him in last minute to add some of that trademarked Marvel humor, which I hear was poorly done.
Joss volunteered to help finish the movie when Snyder's daughter died during production.

//

Get Out wasn't *nominated* as a comedy, ie no academy called it a comedy and said that, the production company submitted it as such to get it to the academy. it can still be brought up as a horror film during the actual awards. Tons of studios submit films in funny ways to get their movies into the first step of the process.

//
Not to change anyone's mind but I liked the seriousness of Justice League. The humor in Thor was *almost* too forced (and again I liked Thor). I liked JL being a movie about broken ass people trying to bring back the one guy who is better than then and will help them be less terrible. I was pissed Ben Afflek never took off his shirt. His bat costume looked like it came from party city.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 11-30-2017 at 01:48 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote