View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In the 2-3 years covering when I was 27-29 I dated three different 19 year-olds - each for a few months. Obviously they were sexy and fun and probably smarter than me, but even that at that age difference I felt a significant delta in "being an adult" experience and ended up breaking it off with each of them because of that.

I'm 103% with Chemda that the ratio that's really in play isn't age:age, it's adult years:adult years. Even though I was (and still am) a buffoon, I had a decade or so of being independent/adult/whatever and they had one or two years. The ratio that mattered wasn't 28:19, or roughly 3:2, it was 10:2, which is a vaaaaaaaaaaaast-ass difference.

And that's just good science.

In other science news, I laughed my ass all the way off when Keith said at the end of the episode he was looking forward to the next one because his favourite guest was going to be on (after opening the ep saying Ted was his favourite). I'm sure he's done that before a couple of times, but I appreciate the heck out of it every time.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote