View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 07:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
astrokahn

Chemda is right again! Killing it girl.

It's somewhat common for kids to have co-ed sleepovers now. Keith your fucking head is going to explode when you have kids and you see all the shit that has become normal in the last five years. I feel like my daughter and I exist on different planets yet interact in the same physical space. It makes me wonder if I appear as foreign and out of touch as we feel our parents are with us.

Other kids parents don't seem to give a fuuuuuuuck (all the times my kid got in trouble w drugs and alcohol at other people's houses the parents were home, so nope they don't always walk down to the basement) and these kids have been existing socially online in a space with NO ADULTS their whole lives. Their experience is sooooo different than ours was. Online they are free to abuse and shit on eachother, be incredibly sexual and disappoint each other without any consequence, talk maaaaad shit about their parents, etc etc.

When you have a daughter there's like a ten year span where it feels like your only purpose in life is preventing teen pregnancy. During middle and high school there were lots of ocassions where group of kids were spending the night (girls and boys) but my rule was no co-ed unless the boys were gay or AFAB. (The AFAB part came in when she wanted to spend the night at her friend Harleys house, a trans guy. I felt like the rule should apply to all boys but she said mom I really don't think you have to worry about me getting knocked up by a guy whose parents still call him Victoria." Alright fine.