View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Todd
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

You're both still being pretty ridiculous about the tattoo thing.

"Just type his name in a computer!" There's no central national database containing this information.

"If the doctor sees a Poison tattoo, I guess he has to poison the guy!" Don't be ridiculous. It's not the doctor's job to actively administer a fatal injection. It is a doctor's job to determine to the best of their ability in a short period of time what an unconscious and unresponsive person's wishes were in this specific circumstance. Separate things: active vs. passive.

"My signature is on Elvis; I guess I own him!" Literally nobody's arguing that every single tattoo becomes a legal document. In this case, however, the tattoo has one purpose: to let the doctors know his wishes before they even attempt to revive him.

"There's paperwork for this!" By this reasoning, if a person has a bracelet stating "I am allergic to penicillin" but doesn't have certain paperwork with them at all times--fuck it, you're getting a penicillin injection.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote