View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #59 (permalink)
iamgrilledcheese
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I hope you stopped beating yourself up at some point during that night. Fuck all that guilt. They see you still as some preteen they can control. And it seems your grandmother is the least volatile so I hope, like Sparrow said, you're able to talk to her alone and not get into a big dumb debate about vague idealogy and just talk about emotions.
*hugs*
I was having a mini breakdown when I wrote that last night and had to call a friend to talk me down. But, I didn't go to church in the morning and my grandparents did not act weird about it when they got back. I'm very happy about that. Had breakfast with them and everything was normal. I'll talk to my grandma alone at some point during my trip since I'll be here all week.

The trouble will be when my dad gets here and he and my grandpa get to talking and neither has a filter and will just tell you exactly what they think. I'll try to get my pothead cousin to "go for a walk" with me to chill out.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Hope everyone has a good solstice, Festivus, yule, Christmas, Channukkah, winter, etc.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote