View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
FingerLakes
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

That logic of "well you SAY the word god so you can't be an Atheist" is literally on the level of children. "But yesterday you said the ice cream store was closed on mondays!" I have a coworker in his teens who gives me the same level of argument as Keith's dad. "You just said "goddamnit. How can you say that when you don't believe in him?" It's like aline from Animanics or Tiny Toons. Just assbackwards and full of themselves thinking. "Every single person who says "god" definitely means MY god, whose name is also "God" or else why would they be saying it"

My friend used to be more squeemish and it would piss me off when she would get offended that i would "take the lords name in vain." We talk about sex and fucking in public and getting drunk and hating people but she would half the conversation to chastise me when I said "goddamnit."
'I'm not taking it in vain. I literally want god to damn that person."
"Don't be CRASS" would be her response.
She's lightened up and stopped that over the years but, GODDAMN! some people really need to learn what an idiom or turn of phrase is.

Also your brother is def swindling ya'll out of $100. He's "giving" your sister his old camera that he never uses (read: selling it to her) and instead getting gifts from the rest of ya'll he wants you all to pay him what it costs, instead of her paying for it by herself. I guess it would be a gift to both of them?? but...gtfo.