View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Sorry for being nice.
Loosing a job sucks but it hasn't happened and a new job can be fun. You are smart. Look how many stupid people who can't even write have jobs. You can write and articulate. Yay!
You have a family that's good. What kind of therapy is it?
I didn't mean to be negative about how you and Chemda responded. If it honestly came across that way I'm sorry. You are both very nice and I did like what you two both wrote.

ABA therapy, he's autistic and it helps him focus and relate better. It has really been remarkable how much it has helped him. It is about 150k a year and without health insurance it would not be something we could do. We just started working on feelings, he seems to think he should always be happy. So when he is sad or angry he doesn't want to deal with it and tries to laugh and seem happy. You can't get an answer about what is wrong because he can't admit he is not happy. He has also taught himself to play the piano by simply watching his cousins play. He loves it and really is good for a 7 year old. Trying to get a piano teacher who can work in a non traditional way that he needs is not easy.

He's the best.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote