View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
It me. I am the people.

Mostly because I have no idea how to relate or respond. My default is the opposite.

So I feel like anything I say will be annoying and unhelpful to a person going through those negative thoughts.

So many people do. People freeze and ask their kids not to talk about their uncle touching them because they don’t know how to console them. Unfortunately, feelings are terrifying to people.
I love them. But I had to learn. My parents hated feelings so I was embarrassed to have any for a long time.
I would stare if someone was telling me about something sad. Or sometimes I would cry along with them but that’s not helpful either.
I learned that nothing is the end of the world. Even death. People go through things. I found it best to empathize without making about me and to express love and availability.
Most of the time no one can really help. It’s the collective. We are a small source for someone. We need lots of sources.
This community is one of my sources. You’ve made me feel better when I’m sad by articulating a truth that helped my brain calculate my reality better and help me through pain rather than sitting in it.
You might be better than you know. But we can all use more compassion.

[emoji175]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote