View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
All this lusting after Keith was funny, but now it's enough for me. I get it.
It made me sometimes uncomfortable.
I love it when Mehran is on, I see what you mean but I disagree. Maybe the sexualizing Keith thing was a bit much but I think it was also more than normal for an episode. I love how Mehran runs off with the show, he honestly makes me laugh out loud.
He can be dismissive of other peoples opinions on stuff with his 'get over it' attitude but I also think it is put on and he honestly want's to hear peoples thoughts and want's them to react. I think Chemda called him out on that in a way and he really back tracked. I think the 'get over it' thing is right on in some ways and also really belittling in others. I think he uses it to kinda say lets move on, I don't want to talk about it. Not that he really doesn't care. What I'm saying is the context of 'get over it' and the subject really matters. I did not like how he said it that time and I'm glad Chemda called him back to discuss it a little more. I think he clearly didn't want to get into the subject and tried to brush past it but is sympathetic and honestly concerned.

Although, I have to admit he has these little quips he uses a lot and I have no idea what he is talking about. But somehow he seems to know and it's funny. I also like when he basically calls Keith dumb for asking what Mehran is talking about and then doesn't clear up the confusion. Maybe that's mean but I think it's funny.

Keith do you feel bullied? I think if he did we wouldn't see Mehran on the show again.

I also really like how the show pointed out that Mehran was behaving towards Kieth on the show the way many women have been forced to deal. I know men who do not feel comfortable if they think another man is looking at them but have no problem staring at women. It never occurred to me to point out the hypocrisy of that situation. I would just roll my eyes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote