Thread: 2785: TRON
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
astrokahn

I watched Banking on Bitcoin and then asked my super smart boyfriend to explain wtf bitcoin is and how is it money. He explained it all exactly the way a super smart math computer robot would and it all made perfect sense for exactly three minutes.

So of course I was like "great! where do I deposit my money?"

I then spent an entire afternoon just trying to buy $25 in Bitcoin. I had to download a program onto my computer called a Bitcoin Wallet, which I think is what you have that is the anonymous part. (Contrary to what I thought the whole point of Bitcoin was, it seems pretty hard to keep transactions actually anonymous, so how I would ever buy coke and hookers I don't know). The password to your wallet is called a seed, and it's like eleven words in a row that you aren't supposed to take a picture of or write down anywhere so good luck ever opening your Bitcoin Wallet again.

After the whole seed wallet thingy, I found a website that sells and buys Bitcoin and I had to open an account with them, wherein I had to input every personal detail and banking information like a PayPal account (super not anonymous). Once I was able to verify the mini deposits they made into my bank account, I was verified as could then buy Bitcoin. YEEEEEEEE!

I bought $25 worth. It was a huge pain in the ass just to buy it. That was about three months ago and lay I checked it was worth about $75. The day after I checked (a few weeks ago) it started on a downward trajectory. So maybe it's back to $25. Who knows. The point is this, I have no idea how it works or why it's money. The end.