View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven in T.O. View Post
HI

I found myself yelling at the speakers in the car listening to Kieth and Chemda publicly ridiculing someone displaying classic Borderline Personality Disorder symptoms. It is not sex addiction as Chemda misdiagnosed. And Keith Bordline is a thing.
It is a serious and brutal illness that disrupts and the sufferer and the people around them. Can often be fatal, suicide. His fucked up behaviour is beyond his control and he needs medical treatment and therapy to manage his illness.
The letter read was SO irrational it shows the state of his thought patterns. In no way does it excuse his bad behaviour but it does explain it. His ex-girl friend show keep clear of him. (No kidding).
Perhaps some compassion for the mentally ill instead of ridicule is in order. I urge you to research BPD. I myself suffer from Major Depressive Disorder and have felt stigma. This show tries to be progressive but it really dropped the ball here.

And when Keith talked about his disorder I made fun of him. We made fun of my tumor.

We’re still the same people. You still laughed at people’s misfortune with us. It’s ok.

I misdiagnosed him. Good thing I’m not his doc. He needs one. Can I diagnose that?

Is it ok to make fun of people’s illness ever? Is it ok to say this guy is a shit right now but may or may not get better. Can you assume that I’m still a good person and wish him well but right now he needs to sit down and I’m expressing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote