Thread: 2785: TRON
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
kimm

HODL

Fuck me, I just wrote a long post and got logged out.

Anyway, I wanted to say I decided to invest my tax return in December and I started to do a little learning. Cryptocurrency came up, but I didn’t take it very seriously. It seemed to me like a shittier form of cash that I can’t use anywhere, and I didn’t think it was easy to convert to USD. But, somehow I became more and more intrigued and now I’m a little obsessed with it. At the most idealistic level the technology behind crypto, blockchain, promises to wrench control of finance back from the government and corrupt banks and put it into the hands of the people. I’m not a libertarian, so that’s not what intrigues me about it 100%. What does appeal is the way blockchain has the potential to hold large financial systems and corporations accountable, and hopefully prevent us from being fucked by the banks like we were in the bailouts. Someone described it as rather than occupy Wallstreet, make Wallstreet irrelevant. I like that.

I’m just beginning to learn about this. I’m enjoying the book Blockchain Revolution, and the concepts are kind of blowing my mind. 🤑

Anyways I got a little money and threw it into Tron so I could go on this journey with you. And it’s a great way to learn, just to put a little stake in it. I’m excited to see what happens! Some people got into Bitcoin at $.03 and it got as high as just below $20K a coin recently. So fuck it, why not?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote