View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
astrokahn

When Chemda was talking about how children should be checked on... obviously yes there should be a way to check on kids' welfare...

But there are people who work in positions of power in the government who don't think gay people should be allowed to love and care for kids, people who think that vegans shouldn't be allowed to "force" their (healthy) eating habits on their kids, people who think that not being religious is detrimental, people who probably would take your kids away for 22 pitamins a day etc etc.

What I'm getting at is if there were people who came around "checking on kids" there would have to be other people who created the checklists for those people to check off and other people who create the laws and consequences for parents not abiding. And right now Trump is at the top of that shit pole. I wonder if there will ever be a way to institute a system that isn't inherently biased towards the agendas of the powers that be. It would have to be more of a list of what isn't visible in the house. (Heroine, rapees, out of reach pies, etc.)

Dealing with the state in terms of being a parent, you quickly realize that it's a whole lotta dum dums out there and god forbid they had the legal right to come into my house and look around on a regular basis. Maybe we could start with free physical and mental health checkups and if those are missed then they can send someone out to your house.

Also, I homeschooled my daughter for about 8 months when she was in 5th grade. Nobody ever called, checked, asked, or even looked at my house. It was easier than applying for a business license. That was pretty surprising. Maybe the stakes should be higher for homeschools bc kids are legally required to go to school so the state would have a bit more entry there. That was California btw.