View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ianoconn

Wink Good Job, Chemda!

Chemda,

Since others have been writing in to say you should push harder on the sexual assault issues, I wanted to voice my opinion as well.

I have always thought you played the line extremely well between pushing the guest to examine their behavior, posts, outlook on the show without derailing the comedic undertone of the shown enabling you to move on when the time is right.

While I understand the listener who said that these topics should be discussed more vehemently/aggressively, I think that your approach of trying to understand their position (even if they are incorrect) and digging to their origin and thought process is interesting and enough of a "push" for the show. I believe they walk away considering their action more throughly then when they came in even if that is not abundantly obvious on the show.

Overall, bravo to you and Keith for holding your ground but allowing for the show to proceed without isolating the guest. We have all learned a lot from your introspection (especially your opinion regarding your own misinformed self misogyny from your upbringing, a take I have not heard before).

These are complicated issues, as you have pointed out and I believe you and Keith should handle them in the manner you have / feel is appropriate for the show opposed to what your listeners would like you to say or push for. You guys are the pros after all.

All the best in the new year!

Best,
Oconn
(Offline)   Reply With Quote