View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Shanateemanatee

I understand where you are at Chemda.

I had a lot of problems with the last guest, I could have made several posts about all he said I didn't like. But I don't want to be the angry man hating feminist on the forums. I don't want to push back so much that I'm dismissed because I'm always going on about something. I said a few things and left it alone. You juggle these same things and more. You worry about professional relationships, your show and the ability to keep booking guests. You worry about keeping listeners, knowing not many want to listen to you yelling at men every day.

Plus, it's fucking exhausting. It takes a lot of emotional energy and mental energy to push back and call out and argue with every stupid, misogynistic, problematic word that every guest says.

You both do great at standing up against abusers. You were calling people out and cutting them off and listening to women long before #metoo. Anybody who doesn't understand you guys are clearly on women's side and against sexual harassment/assault isn't listening well.

Keep questioning yourself Chemda, because that is where growth come from and what makes you especially wonderful. But dont question yourself so much that you think you are failing at your job/your activism/whatever. You are amazing and I love you and how much you push your guests and listeners to be better.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote