View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I didn't see it as starting beef cause literally every middle-aged or older adult in my life had the same response to that song.

*screw face*
"back from where?"
"this little boy is saying he's bringing it back?.... Ok"
"the song is catchy tho."

Plus when you are living for free in a house some else built and making millions from it, you can ignore a harmless comment. Not come for his 30+ year long musical career right after your first couple singles.

That's like me becoming a soul singer tomorrow. Being mediocre at best. Then coming for Aretha's career on a song. Who do I think I am? (and that is without all the appropriation and race complications that come with Justin)
"For free"?!? Psh. While Prince was born into literal royalty JT was subjected to literal CHILD LABOR!

A soul singer "tomorrow"?!? Double psh! JT had been working his literal nuts off at the showbiz game for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears before he blessed the world by bringing the literal SEXY BACK!

Nobody paid more dues than Justin Timberlake. Nobody. Instead of acting like a jealous, spoiled manchild Prince should have been thanking JT for the gifts JT bestowed upon His Highness's ears.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote