Thread: 2806: Shame On
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
Shanateemanatee

When I was 17 there was a local concert that had free red bull there. It was when energy drinks were just becoming popular (at least to my awareness). I had 4 to 6 in about 5 hours. I don't remember the exact number. I stayed up all night, and fell asleep at 9 am on my friends couch.

I thought of this for the first time in years today listening to this story. I'm 5ft, and about 88 lbs at that time. I'm seriously almost crying thinking how dangerous that situation was. I was young and didn't even think to question what I was doing.

I think I've had energy drinks two times after that. One each night, the two nights weeks apart my friends and I went exploring abandoned, rumored to be haunted, houses.

I don't know what the answer to energy drinks should be, and where we draw the line (if energy drinks can't be sold to under 18s, what about coffee?). I do know that for me personally I'll be making sure I talk to my kids about it when they are older, just like I'll talk to them about all other drugs.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote