Thread: 2804: BOONE!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
astrokahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I understand that telling someone you aren't interested is the proper and mature way to end things.

But if you have hundreds of matches and are chatting with like 10-15 guys at a time. Its not feasible to individually have those kinds of long drawn out confrontational conversations about why you aren't interested enough to meet them on a date.

Idk if its the same for men but dating online can be like having another part-time job just due to the number of people trying to have conversations with you at the same time. Scheduling dates can also be draining.

There are only so many days in a week. If you have a life outside of dating then some of those people just aint gonna get a date.
I think ghosting just comes with the online dating territory.
What they were referring to on the show (Keith's experience anyway) was when you are already having a long drawn out coversation, fun banter, etc and then you're ghosted.

in the situation they were referring to (some established convo or banter already) I don't think saying "hey I don't think we're a match,sorry" constitutes a long drawn out anything. It's perfectly reasonable to say that and then move on without the expectation that you're going to have to engage any further than that.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote