View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
astrokahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Chemda is the queen of not wanting to take medicine and while that's fine for some things I just can't when it comes to anti-vaccine rhetoric.

If the message was - Hennessy researched it and I can't take the vaccine because it interferes with my condition/meds that's fair.
But don't randomly spread that vaccines don't work anyway and contain dangerous ingredients pretty please.
I wish wish wish there could be a forum in which we could talk about vaccines without the vitriol. Its very unfortunate because there is a lot of legitimate fear (and legitimacy of what is scary to you or I can be different but no less legitimate on either side) around vaccines. What happens is that people who are not comfortable with them do not have a place in which to ask questions or talk about fears (without being completely shit on as if it's the dumbest thing anyone could EVER IMAGINE) end up not getting informed and not getting their fears addressed.

When I asked my child's doctor what to look for in case a particular vaccine had adverse affects on my kid, the doctor said "Oh that won't happen." When I repeated the question three times and got the same answer, I left feeling pissed off and much more untrusting that either the doctor was lying (wtf would that benefit?) or straight up had no idea what the possible side effects could be (I mean for christ sake doctors get pamphlets for this shit how couldn't they know?) and that's scary in and of itself.

Any time the first response is to shit all over someone's decision what you're doing is A)not listening and B)making the decision that theres nothing you could possibly learn.

There are LOTS of reasons why vaccines scare people. Conspiracy and autism is a small chunk of those people.