View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 07:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
I wish wish wish there could be a forum in which we could talk about vaccines without the vitriol. Its very unfortunate because there is a lot of legitimate fear (and legitimacy of what is scary to you or I can be different but no less legitimate on either side) around vaccines. ...

There are LOTS of reasons why vaccines scare people. Conspiracy and autism is a small chunk of those people.
I'm sorry you had a shitty experience with a shitty doctor.

So what were you afraid of with your kid if you don't mind sharing?
Did you vaccinate your kids fully eventually? Are you up on your vaccines yourself now?

All of Mermaids examples of medicine having done horrendous things often to the most vulnerable groups of people are valid and reason for concern and caution but I was talking about run of the mill tested and true everyday vaccinations which I assume is what your kid would have gotten?

As with lots of topics the vaccine panic isn't nearly as big here in Europe as it is over in the US so I am legitimately curious. Because I agree with you that you usually only hear from the nutjobs so I'd love to hear from a reasonable person ;-)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote