View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 07:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
astrokahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Could you please elaborate on the LOTS of reasons? In my experience it's been ALL conspiracy and autism so I'm interested in why you would think that's just a small part.
--Personal experience after vaccination (kid gets sick, has a really bad reaction etc) that caused a parent to not vaccinate that kid again or remaining kids. There are troves of personal accounts of negative reactions to vaccines you can find on YouTube. These are scary and turn people away from vaccination.

--Distrust of big pharma (I would consider distrust of big pharma pretty fn valid but that's my personal shit, and I would not consider that in and of itself conspiracy, but that could very easily turn into conspiracy depending on what one believes the endgame to be if they think bp has some weird agenda, I don't know)

--Ingredients that may cause harm; i.e.: heavy metals (falls more under distrust of big pharma)

--Risk of getting sick from vaccine vs risk of getting sick from what the vaccine is attempting to prevent

--Physicians not being able to tell if a person has a lowered immune system, which can cause the vaccine to have different side effects than if a person is well

As for conspiracy, I kind of get why this swirls around vaccines a lot.
I think most of the conspiracy stuff comes from a general distrust of the US government as a whole, as well as the major medical and food associations (AMA, FDA, all the...... As?). We see over and over and over how lobbyists for various organizations and corporations help to buy politicians in order to pass laws that affect these very organizations. I think that's par for the course in our country, no?

So it seems many our laws are paid for and the very people who run corporations who benefit very often go on to land positions within those government organizations or vice versa. I don't know how we would ever be expected to trust them if you ask me. I think that forms the basis of distrust (and spirals a bit within conspiracy circles) for not just vaccines but for anything that's supposed to be "good for us" that any governmental organization is not just recommending but is heartily pushing. Of course it feels fishy when they are fucking you all day every day in every conceivable way but then strangely care that you're getting your shots.

I don't buy the conspiracy stuff because I can't see an endgame that makes sense if it was some big plan to ...? (No idea.) But I see how distrust roots because of the wrongdoing of many in positions of power, and how that can grow in to conspiracies because people want reasons that go beyond money and power.