View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
I don't buy the conspiracy stuff because I can't see an endgame that makes sense if it was some big plan to ...? (No idea.) But I see how distrust roots because of the wrongdoing of many in positions of power, and how that can grow in to conspiracies because people want reasons that go beyond money and power.
Anecdotal evidence is tricky because in a lot of cases its simply not evidence but rather a "a neighbor told me that theirs cousins wife that lives 5 hours away had this terrible reaction once." And if its a youtube video that shows the anecdote and then tells you how to prevent this with some "tonic/globuli/vitamin/energy crystal" that they'd be happy to share the link to ...
And in other cases its the same effect as always where the one bad example gets a huuuuuuuuge reporting and the thousands of lives saved you don't hear about because after all they didn't get ill so there is nothing to report.

And I'm sorry that I'm putting you on the spot like this but the points you listed (anecdotal youtube videos, big pharma, heavy metals, getting sick from the vaccine because it works wrong) for me all fall under conspiracy theory.

And if your kid or you yourself has an real confirmed immune deficiency (which is super rare) that is something you probably already figured out and I'm not a doctor so nobody should listen to that advice but 2 minutes of googling tell me that its recommended in that case to vaccinate as much as possible and definitely have everybody around that person vaccinated to protect them from getting infected.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote