View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
Just want you guys to know it's nice to have a civil discussion on all of this.

Question, why do you personally think that the vaccine issue is so split in terms of what information is available to the general public? By that I mean if I google "why we need vaccines" and then google "why should I not get vaccinated" there seem to be an equal amount of insurmountable information on both sides, reliable or not.

Why do you think this is? It sounds like both sides believe that the opposing view creates some benefit for some malevolent force, wherein I think all people who vaccinate believe that they're doing what is best for themselves and their families and that all people who do not vaccinate are doing what they believe to be best for themselves and their families. But both sides seem to think there is sinister benefit somewhere. What do you think?
Honestly? Americans are cray cray on a few topics and healthcare is one of them.

If a whole country cultivates a "we can and will do it by ourselves" attitude then not believing in herd immunity makes sense?

Also you guys mistrust your government a lot more than some other countries do (that's why you need to have alllll the guns right?) so I think that makes a more fertile ground for conspiracy theories to take hold.

Last edited by Lanfear; 02-19-2018 at 10:30 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote