Thread: 2818: Hooked
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I'm not as educated on sex trafficking and how regulation impacts it. But I was just very uncomfortable listening to him basically describe purchasing women. Idk maybe I'm a prude. I'm not in theory against prostitution. But like, I'd never date a guy who had purchased services from a prostitute.
I understand that but I try to see it from a practical point of view.
It's called the oldest profession for a reason. It's gonna happen and I'd rather make it better for the women.

It's legal in Germany and that means the women at least get a chance to go to the police if they are abused because they didn't commit a crime themselves. They can get health insurance, they pay taxes. It's still a shitty job and you can't convince me that the women are excited to do it but it's a way to make money.

I never dated a guy that told me he payed for sex but I did have a long discussion with a guy about it just a few months ago who did. It was very interesting and I'm happy he trusted me enough to discuss it honestly. I asked a ton of invasive questions.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote