Thread: 2814: CityKids
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 02:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
LoopyLou79
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

#Metoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
lolwut? doubt it. the next round of male, pale, stale pro to-dictators is already happening. the kids down here have weapons, love Jesus, and two years ago they all walked out of class to have an impromptu revival in the school gym.
I've been thinking about this a lot and all I can say is that a quiet revolution has taken place even if it doesn't feel like it. The #metoo is one example, no joke sexual abuse was brushed under the carpet when I was a kid now at least everyone knows it exists and we are exposing it and saying it's wrong.

Aids used to be referred to as the Gay Plague (nobody sane would say that now but it was a common to hear that when I was a kid)

Zero tolerance on smoking cannabis and drug wars that's changed.

The increased emphasis on intersectional feminism and the realisation (for some of us at least in the idea of white privilege) gendering and non-binary, kids were only boys and girls and boys like fighting and girls liked pink, any evidence of homosexuality was outside normal society.

Your school sounds like it sucks, look outwards for inspiration, also get into social history and it'll give you some perspective on how far society has changed and the tricks they use to control people. If it is safe to do so fight back against them with logic and facts, you see that they are wrong and that's the first step to change.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote