View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mermaid

People with depression/anxiety experience help!

My best friend has anxiety and depression.

She is has terrible coworkers and managers that she's been having problems with for years. Including things like drawing a picture on her sandwich she brought for lunch, eating her lunch, racist comments to her and to customers, the list goes on.

Recently she found out that a coworker (one that she's butted heads with in the past) has been taking pictures of her at work (using the company tablet) in an effort to get her fired.

Now she's scared that she's gonna get fired and about to give herself a panic attack.

I have no idea how to be a good friend in this situation. I can't relate to her emotions right now cause they are so outside of my reality.

This is a shitty job. Not a career. The only thing she gets out of the job is a paycheck. Not even a good one. She is smart and capable and could easily find another job that is better than this one.

There is literally no logical reason for her to be so worked up about maybe possibly getting fired.

But I know I'm not supposed to say any of that cause that's not helpful. So what do I say when my friend calls me worked up over something like this?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote