View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
CherryLavender
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You would not believe the heated discussion that ensued with the ten people that are currently living in my house/commune after the clip was played for everyone. I had people ready to sign up for the forums to defend my honor. I said, go ahead, you will be ripped apart, but, really, you should already be signed up.

I obviously was okay with you talking about it or I wouldn't have posted. I explained to the house that I was the one that put it out there, but I don't get to decide how you talk about it.

Alicia heard the show before I did and threw me a warning. I had previously told her about what I had posted and it could have been salacious enough to be read on the show. Her words were, you guys were rude and surprisingly closed-minded. I agreed and made my rebuttal post before I got home.

The part that surprised everyone, including me, were the comments afterwards, especially from Chemda. I absolutely could have made the comment about fucking you guys when we met 13 years ago and not remember it. It was in my drinking days. It sucks to still be judged on your behavior from another time in your life and to find out that's what people still think about you when there have been different interactions since.

And there was also an underlying tone of sex shaming, which could be attributed to who the guest was. I'm immune to it and decided a long time ago that no one could make me feel ashamed of my sexuality, unless I allowed them to. I do believe that is how everyone expected me to feel, ashamed.

I used this opportunity to attempt to teach that lesson to the six 20 - 22 year old's that live with us, and actually a few of the adults also. No one can make you feel any way, you get to decide that.

You would have found it quite amazing to have been a fly on the wall when I came home from school and everyone was waiting on me and going to TOWN on you guys (how dare they talk about you like that when you have been such a loyal fan - tattoo, trips, the list went on), and then Alicia and I defended you.

Amanda

P.S. I thought Newsy could handle a little ribbing if he was throwing it out.