View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
astrokahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I'm defending him because he is being accused of being a violent criminal who fights dogs. None of which has been proven.

The article you just posted states the exact thing I said in my first post.

He plead guilty to animal cruelty charges because his caretaker neglected his dogs while he was on tour. (the last paragraph)

The 1999 animal cruelty arrest was because puppies were being kept in crates that are too small causing a bend in their back. Terrible. But not violent.

We don't live in a world where people like DMX just get away with being violent unnoticed and unpunished. He would have been shunned and imprisoned like Michael Vick who had to go to both federal (got two years) and state court (got three years). Not just a fine.
I reposted because details were left out that explained the state of the animals.
The whole thing w the caretaker sounds like a flat out lie in light of there being three separate incidents, two which resulted in arrest. Could I buy it if it was once? Sure maybe. Can anyone prove it was a lie? Guess not. Is it telling that he "took responsibility?" It is to me. Is it fucking weird that a millionaire would hire someone to care for multiple animals who clearly isn't capable of keeping them off the brink of non-existence? Yes.

Also how is keeping puppies in cages TOO SMALL FOR PUPPIES not violent? If that's confusing, then we absolutely do live in that world.