View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Skeptic Tank #323 Mitzi

I’ve never heard what Mitzi Shore sounded like, but Ari does such a perfect impersonation- you know exactly what she sounded like. If you’re a comedy nerd, you like the history, and know the importance of the Comedy Store - you gotta listen to this ep.

Ari was Mitzi’s driver. He both loved and feared her. But he’s Ari so he’s just as open on her tyrannical- iron fist - evil as her kindness.

“I was her driver. So I’d try and give everyone [employees of the Store] a heads up when we were coming. Cuz if she saw you not working; you were fired. Everyone was in constant fear of her. “

“She fed off firing people. It kept her young. When she stopped firing people that’s when she died”

Man. I’m hardcore on my comedy history. There’s tons of tidbits and stories I never heard before. Ari also puts Mitzi’s skill at grooming talent into a context I’ve never heard before.

A lot of comics took to Twitter and Instagram after Mitzi’s death. “RIP Mitzi” and all that. I think this ep is the best homage. It’s real. Plus Ari doing Mitzi voice is so good. I wish he’d do an audiobook.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote