View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Beth Yaz-Pistachio

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
I found Burt to be a great performer on this episode. I paused it halfway through, thinking I wasn't going to be able to listen to it, but I tried again and really enjoyed it.

Not knowing anything about L.A., Burt seemed like a classic L.A. guy. I felt like he was performing every second, never letting his guard down. He said a lot of personal stuff but it didn't feel personal, if that makes any sense. The whole thing felt polished, not natural, not spontaneous. Plus he didn't let Keith and Chemda talk.
He does enjoy his attention. Heh. (But I see that it really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I had to laugh about "worst guest ever", though, because um, really? Even recently?)

I still like some of Bert's podcasts and some of his standup comedy. He needs to be matched up with people who know him slightly better, or else don't have any trouble leaping on him on for the bullshit that he even knows is bullshit but still spins anyway.

I really wish they'd have had either Tom Segura, or LeeAnn (Bert's wife) on with him. We'd have all heard some better smackdowns to accompany the bluster (and of course the humor). {grin}
(Offline)   Reply With Quote