View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
LoopyLou79
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Frump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Yaz-Pistachio View Post
Heh. I've listened to quite a few of his Bertcasts in the past, and he really is basically a good guy. He does definitely have some downfalls, but he is mostly aware of them, and tries pretty hard to call himself on some of his own shit.

(I also like much of his standup comedy.)

One of my fave things he does when he travels for dates is to take up a collection from the audience and give the resulting wad of cash (often hundreds of $$) to someone on the wait-staff that night.

Also, his wife LuAnne (unsure of spelling) is fucking awesome (she just started her own podcast recently, as well), and he has two daughters who are also pretty awesome.

He really didn't come across well to me, I think he lost me when he described his therapist as a frump, it disgusted me to hear someone talk about a women in that way. For me that was too domineering and came across as being sexually aggressive. The story was unnecessary and not something to boast about in public.

I cannot comment on his private life because he might be different at home. I'll see if I can see any clips on YouTube that might change my mind and have a listen to the podcast.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote