View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
shadowmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I get it. Just wondering if you felt similarly when we were bashing women for a over a decade. Never heard how upset you were at our jokes about several races.
I shit on religion all the time. Trump gets a beating too.
Are those not funny either? Or only when we bash men?
I always took KATG, being 50% female owned and having some very strong and entertaining female guests as something that didn't set out to bash or diminish women.

You do not have guests on who regularly say women are dumb and other generalisations. You would set them straight as you have in the past when a guest has done or said something weird like that. Or discuss your feelings towards it afterwards.

Your show did once I guess with Pat Dixon, who I did originally think was funny, subscribed to his podcast etc... But we all had the same realisation about him and I haven't listened to anything of his in many years. His crime podcast became very toxic and full of hate.

Rather than writing to complain if a joke didn't hit, I took the time to write you years ago when Keith was in hospital and you did the show on your own for a week or two. I told you how great I thought it was and how the dynamic, while different, was still great and I enjoyed it immensely.

I think there is a difference in making jokes and pushing an agenda. I do not necessarily disagree with any of you on KATG. But sometimes some of these 'jokes' sound a bit more hateful than anything playful.

If you were discussing a person of a different race, and Keith, everytime you mentioned that race, said something racist I wouldn’t agree with that either. You can and do make jokes about race, religion etc… but I do not think any of that comes from a bad place.

Thing is, I have probably grown more listening to yourself and your female friends and guests describe their experiences than I ever would without KATG. I do not disagree with any of them, their experiences etc… but then to hear some of the same people doing what they complain about, it is disappointing.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote