View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I feel so inspired by the show. I am so grateful to be witness to your struggles and your growth, Chemda, Keith and Andrea. You are all so open about what you are going through, and it is helping me tremendously.

I have struggled with food issues for as long as I can remember. I am ACOA. I definitely have bouts of depression that can be debilitating at times. Alcohol is sometimes problematic, enough so that in general it is better for me to avoid it. I have done 12-step groups for these things since high school (I am 46) but I haven't been going to any groups lately. I find it hard to make the time. But I hear the profound changes happening with all of you and what I notice is that you have the support around you to make these changes. You are not doing it alone. You are getting support from each other and from your support groups. That is something I don't have. I am not sure why. I think I haven't found the right person or group of people to get this type of support from. You are giving me the motivation to try again to find the right person or people to support me. It is nice listening to you, but it shouldn't be a substitute for me actually doing the work and finding people IRL to do this work with.

Thank you for being so vulnerable and open about your lives and what you are learning. It is really helping me and inspiring me to look at my own life and be honest with myself about those areas where I continue to live without consciousness. Sometimes I feel like it is too late for me. I should have done all this work on myself in my 20s before I had kids. Now I have to take care of them so I can't make these changes in myself. But listening to you inspires me to keep trying, keep growing, keep becoming more aware and more conscious to the best of my ability.

You can do it! You’re already doing it. Be gentle on yourself. You are doing what you can with the info you have. I know life is busy. It’s hard to put self care on your calendar. But I find that the only way I find and accept help is by making it important to me. I put it on my schedule and I keep in mind that that’s my food. And if I don’t eat then I die.

You are part of our community. You’re not alone. You are loved! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote