View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsound View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but that letter Keith read hit me hard. I was in a relationship for 11 years and told she didn't love me the past 8. We have a 6, 8, & 11 year old. Why did we continue if she didn't love me. I built my life around her and this family, and now I resent all of it. I have no friends to turn to and like Chemda said, suicide hotlines are useless, they just rephrase what you say to try to validate your feelings.

I have begun seeing a psychiatrist and therapist, it's not enough. Where do I go next?
That is harsh as fuck. I'm sorry you're going through that.

What's next is accepting that you don't know what's next. Taking time to figure out one item, one step at a time.

For me, it was going to group meetings. Your therapist might know a few to recommend or you can look for meetings that you connect with. Is it Al-anon? Is it a group for recently divorced people?

You can use this forum as a group meeting.

Don't worry alone. It might seem like no one understands but we do. And we're here for you.

Give yourself some credit, you already reached out. You are seeing a therapist and also came here to find some friends and/or let out some emotion.

This is a hard time. Try to be gentle on yourself.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote