View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
joslingeneva
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
You can be edgy and tell all the offensive jokes you want to push the envelope about rape, pedos, race, etc.

But you cant also expect to work for Disney. Or any other company that has a family oriented or child-centric image to maintain.

That's just part of the sacrifice you have to make when you go down that lane.
Agreed. When I went back to the corporate world after years of working for myself, I made sure to go back and edit my profiles. I also mentioned the nature of my work (talking about the connection between sex and money) to my future boss because I knew he'd seen my website. We can't pretend that employers aren't looking at our online presence and how it will potentially affect their business. I've been rejected from a non profit board because they didn't like the risque nature of my work and the fact that they served children.

Also the sheer number of kid fucking joke tweets this guy had is crazy and not very funny. I'm so sick of people being like "but it's for the comedy. I'm pushing the edge" Yeah we all say horrible shit, but we're also aware that maybe I should stick with the tame traffic jokes at work and save the kid fucking material for my private text threads.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote