View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Shanateemanatee

Mental health is complicated. A lot of times you have a set of symptoms and then you just see which diagnosis fits the best, even though multiple diagnosis can fit.

My son probably has been diagnosed with ADHD, autism spectrum, sensory processing disorder, and OCD. It looks like he has multiple diagnosises and people can think we just run to a doctor for a diagnosis every time we have a problem and there is no way he can have that many problems at 8. But if you look at the symptoms they pretty much all overlap, and the main problem is how his brain processes everything.

I have C-ptsd and a lot of people in my support groups are diagnosed with PTSD, borderline and bipolar. Again, they don't have three totally different problems. They have three diagnosis for almost the same sets of symptoms.

Andrea, you having multiple issues that need to be addressed and several meetings you go to is actually normal and common, even if your head and people who don't actually know anything thing it isn't.
You are getting healthy and taking care of yourself. Be proud and keep moving forward, even when it is hard. ♥️
(Offline)   Reply With Quote