View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hey_Stoopid!

I think being vocal about your own self care and mental health is one of the hardest things a person can do and I love that Andrea Allan is being so open about it all. Honestly I'm kind of going through some of the same kind of revelations in life and hearing Andrea talk about it has made me realize that I need to do some of the same things she's doing like go to therapy and possibly even SLA meetings like she is. I've struggled with self worth, sex and basically don't have the ability to build healthy connections with people and for years it has affected me. I honestly don't have the ability to make friends or have relationships and it has led me down a road where I've hooked up with many people and honestly haven't liked but maybe 2 or 3 of the people. In my head however I feel the need to please these people so they'll accept me and maybe something will build, which...fun fact it never does. I constantly feel like I am awkward, inferior and somehow not good enough, so hookups give me a form of temporary self gratification. I honestly knew it wasn't right but I never stopped and tried finding the root of the problem. So hearing her talk about SLA made me realize that its a problem I also have and need to confront. I commend her for being brave enough to talk about it because it isn't easy. I don't even want to admit to myself that I could have a problem more or less to an entire podcasting audience. So Kudos Andrea, love it when she is on KATG and love Hot Mess Comedy Hour.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote