View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
monarch

Not that group talk and therapy is not useful. But as a former crazy health nut and athlete, I quickly learned that using medication makes daily life manageable. I did MS group talk and is very useful, and each MS experience is unique. Don’t know why I lied on the survey about group talk and therapy.

At work, fortune 200 company, they sent me home and forced to see a shrink for one visit but refused additional visits. It was 100% of the MS lesions impacting my emotions forcing the crying over a simple discussion. I was a relatively high-level employee with lots of goodwill from my work. Hence, they didn’t seek to remove me. My thought, group meetings are more informative.

Again I was LUCKY to have an MRI to give me access to drugs. All the talk would not have helped me function. So, what I'm saying don't blame yourself thinking you're not mentally healthy. Just because you don't have medical or medical community have not identified the nuclear issue. Take drugs to improve the quality of your life and see if that helps.

BTW, I've been forced to leave my work losing big $$$ and career that I spent years creating via college, self-study, experience to be on SSI. This even with the monthly infusions, medications. But again my strong advice is to explore pharma as a means to improve your productivity/well being.

My uninformed opinion, Andrea has organic issues, and it’s not all in your head, but it could be in your head from physical changes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote