View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
I'm only half way through, but this seems like the whole saga a few weeks ago of should Keith take someone at their word or treat them like a liar / someone who doesn't know their own mind. I don't think Keith should be blamed for giving someone the benefit the doubt and if we switched genders it would be totally intimidating, inappropriate and rapey from the other person. It just feels very victim blamey because he should've known or that he didn't give that person enough time or whatever. Not cool.

Great show though, I love the ones that get stuck into the nitty gritty and deep stuff.
Most people are on Keith's side, as they should be. They're not questioning that what this woman did was out-of-line, inappropriate, and manipulative. At least I hope not.

I took the whether or not you should meet someone one last time as a separate discussion, but I understand they are linked in Keith's story. You just do whatever you feel like doing in the moment. Keith was trying to be nice, and I'm sure he would not have just met her willy-nilly, whenever she wanted to for the unforeseeable future. It was a one-time thing, to make her feel better, and it probably made Keith feel better to make someone else feel better. It's a mutual thing that went wrong because she still had feelings for him and couldn't control herself.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote