View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
starscream
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
I feel the stuff during the credits is slightly different to a post credit scene in the way that it starts pretty much straight away so you're not sitting around waiting for it, whereas with post-C scenes you're waiting 5-10 minutes for something that isn't always a massive payoff. Having said that, I'll wait for both and think it's weird not to stay (you've invested 2hours, what's another 10mins?). The first one I remember was after HP Chamber of Secrets. The credits felt like they went on forever, but when it finally happened it cracked me up. Didn't add anything to the story or set anything up, but I was pleased.
Thing is, unless it's Titanic, it's like 4 minutes. Credits are not that long. It's extremely stupid that we have them still, no one cares and you can just look it all up on the internet a lot easier if you do, but it's just as stupid no one can handle sitting through them.

It took me years to stop going along with people who left during the credits. I used to collect Key Grip names as a sort of excuse to stay at least that long and people would go with it thinking it was weird or funny. Then I moved on to the Negative Cutter which was always one of the last credits and finally people started to get that I wasn't going to go anywhere and they could leave if they wanted. Always best to be the one who drove in that scenario though.

This was all before stingers became so commonplace. Now it's at least feasible you might be rewarded for staying, but that was never my motivation. It's just that the movie wasn't over until it was over.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote