View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
DJ Trashy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I haven't listened in a handful of years, to be honest I felt like a large part of the show's humor was Keith saying these offensive outrageous things, and it's not like no one's allowed to grow as a person, but Chemda's ultra PCness at one point just turned me off from the show. Somewhere around the time when she and Lauren thought that watching Netflix documentaries basically equated to be experts on shit.
I stopped listening, but for different reasons. No longer commuting or going to work was a big one. Getting *way* too frustrated when I felt some *important* issue wasn't being given a fair shake (usually politics). Plus the drama. I get sucked into that way too much as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I opened the email and saw "Chemda talks about her break-up" and went "wha?!" So I went to Podcast app on my phone and saw an episode entitled "Spooky Returns" and went "WHAAAT?" Scroll a bit and I see one titled "I'm an alcoholic", and you got me. I download them and start listening on my commute into work, and it's just like it was 13 years ago when I downloaded Episode 2, there I am laughing out loud on the bus & getting the stink eye from my bus mates. Then I hear that Keith has a girlfriend and I think "What happened to his wife? How much have I missed?!"
Strangely enough, my path to catching up started with a random thought - something like "I wonder whatever happened to ol' Spooky?" So I Googled and searched the forums and then saw about Keith and Cat and then Chemda and Lauren and wow! So far I listened to Chemda's moment and Spooky's episode and I had similar emotions. But what really got me was the video clip from the 'sad news' episode. I've seen plenty of video, but I guess it was the humanity that shone through. Both of them went through some (even more/recent) hard times and it's a reminder that we're all human and shit happens and life isn't perfect. And it kinda melted away those 'reasons' I had for not listening. So I'm definitely queueing them up again.

Also, alcoholism? Guess I have more reading and listening to do!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote