View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
SpareBen

You ask why I brought up Jesus and God being one - because your meme ending this episode was premised on Jesus being God and mocking him for killing himself.

Re "he absolutely did" say he was God, show me. Later in the book of John, from where "the Father I are one" is taken, Jesus says "I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one." It doesn't mean they're the same person.

Jesus calls out to his father, hears his father's voice, is apparently dead for 3 days. They're not the same person.

re Josephus, ok, I'll take Chemda's point - I am not an archaeologist. Why talk about Buddha as if he's a historical figure then?

[QUOTE=Keith;870294]None of this will register.

SpareBen was just shown that Jesus DID say he was God. But I guarantee this will be ignored, and he’ll still use his argument to people who want to deny Christ, as if it somehow proves his existence anyway. ]

Not ignored, argued against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It’s interesting you happened to be raised with this. What a COOINCIDENCE. But then realizing how ridiculous it is if the entire bible is true, it’s like you need to find a way to meet in the middle.

“Ok, I won’t believe in God in a cloud, but we all know at least Jesus was true...”

Don’t say you’re unsure, Ben. You’re VERY sure.
Chemda asks that I entertain the alternatives. I spent years as an atheist. I read Sam Harris & Richard Dawkins. Then I read other stuff.

Regarding coincidence, if someone believes in God, it's not a stretch to believe we're placed somewhere we get information and choose what to do with that information. You chose one way, I choose another.

Regarding the latest priest scandal, Jesus also said "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits."

My "way to meet in the middle" has been to avoid organized religion because they cause a lot of pain, to read beyond the accepted Christian thinkers. Dismissing this as stupid or as a blind need to follow parental teaching is disingenuous.

Thank you for giving me a reason to state my beliefs. Yes, it has made me more sure.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote